How we work
At the first consultation you will meet with Andrew Parsley, the owner of Back to Basics. This initial consultation is primarily for Andrew to understand what you want and like (or dislike) in terms of style, design and materials. In the case of a kitchen or home office, this also enables Andrew to find out how you intend to use and live in the room.
Back to Basics will interpret your requirements and produce an initial design proposal. Following further consultations, this initial design will be refined until the perfect solution for you has been reached. No two designs are ever the same, as no two customers are ever the same. Back to Basics does not hold a range of pre-determined styles or solutions as each project is designed specifically to each customer’s unique requirements.
Once the design has been agreed, the project becomes live, the materials are ordered and the project timelines set. We use only top quality materials, with all timber carefully selected to suit the requirements and tastes of each customer.
- We construct all our doors, drawers and carcasses in our own workshop rather than buying any thing in ready made
- Kitchen surfaces can be in a wide range of materials, including granite, wood or stainless steel
- All our drawers are made from solid wood with dovetailed joints and 9mm ply bases
- Drawers run on top quality full extension soft close runners
- Our policy is to only source materials from “FSC” (Forest Stewardship Council) and “PEFC” (Programme For The Endorsment Of Forest Certification) certified sustanable sources
Each project is delivered and fitted by the craftsman who designed and built it, ensuring that the same consideration and care that went into building your project is carried through into this final chapter. For kitchens, we can also supply appliances and arrange for electrical and plumbing work.
Please contact us for full details.